Gilan Rice (Berenj Geelan)
This item is not Refundable or Exchangeable!
11 Pounds (5 Kg)
Cooking Instructions for Gilan Rice (4 cups):
1. Wash and rinse the uncooked rice a few times until the water becomes clear.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the clear water and let the rice soak in it for about 8 hours.
3. After the 8 hours, drain the salted water.
4. In a separate pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil, then add the rice to the pot and let it boil.
5. Once boiling, add 1 cup of cold water to the pot and let it boil again.
6. Then, turn off the stove and drain the pot in a medium to large strainer, then rinse the rice with cold water.
7. Grease the bottom of a clean, medium to large-sized pot with about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, then add either a slice of potatoes or bread to create a crispy bread or potato “Tahdig.”
8. Finally, transfer the rinsed rice to the pot, cover it with a lid (wrap the lid in a kitchen towel or paper towel), and let it cook on medium to low heat on the stove for about 15 minutes. Then enjoy your meal!